- 2011: Founded by Stacey and Jen - who have played together in various other bands before -, Myra, and Jennie Cotterill. Stacey in an interview: Jen and I began another new punk band called, Bad Cop / Bad Cop. I played guitar and sang, Jen moved from drums to bass and we asked Myra Galarza to play drums. We wanted to do a 3-piece power pop-punk band. I wanted it to be really snotty and write funny songs about puke and poop. But then one day Jen brought Jennie Cotterill to practice and everything changed. Jennie also writes amazing songs and is a great singer and artist. She jumped right in and started singing harmonies with me and I was hooked.
- March 2011: First show at Harold's Place, San Pedro, CA.
- July 2011: In the studio with Jim Monroe, recording 5 songs (released as Get Rad CD-R in April 2012).
- June 2012: In the studio (Hurley Studios, Costa Mesa, CA) with Davey Warsop, recording 3 songs (released as Bad Cop/Bad Cop 7" in January 2013).
- July 2012: Jen leaves the band, Linh joins. Jennie looking back at this step in an interview from 2015: We had another bass player originally and she had different expectations for the band and limitations like weekends only, only when you feel like it and super casual. When we got Linh it was like this person who had a great amount of energy and dedication and really was unparalleled. The sound, the tone really upped everyone’s level of seriousness.
- October 2013: In the studio (Hurley Studios, Costa Mesa, CA) with Davey Warsop, recording 4 songs (released as Fat Wreck Chords debut Boss Lady in April 2014)
- November 2013: "Lilith Bear" show at Truck, San Francisco, CA, where Fat Mike discovered them. Fat Mike in an interview: I just saw band called Bad Cop/Bad Cop—an all girl band from LA. I met them at a place called Lilith Bear. It was a party the bunch of dudes with beards in drag. It was crazy. I fucking love them so I thought that I might buy them. It sounds like Bad Religion, but it’s an all girl band. They had a three part harmony, really nice.
- January 2014: Official announcement of their signing to Fat Wreck Chords.
- March 2014: Boss Lady 7" goes up for pre-order. 415 copies of limited color vinyl sell out within 5 days.
- July 2014: First batch of studio sessions (Hurley Studios, Costa Mesa, CA) with Davey Warsop, recording for the full-length record Not Sorry.
- December 2014: Second batch of studio sessions (Hurley Studios, Costa Mesa, CA) with Davey Warsop, recording for the full-length record Not Sorry.
- April/June 2015: Opening for Good Riddance on both legs of their Peace In Our Time release shows tour.
- June 2015: Debut full-length album Not Sorry is released on Fat Wreck Chords.
- October/November 2015: Playing Pre-Fest and Fest in Florida.